After the financial crisis of 2008 and the Fed's zero interest rate policy, savers and retirees have found themselves in uncharted territory. Yields from CD's, money markets, Treasury bills, short-term bonds and savings accounts are the worst place for income-focused investors to put their money. Today, America's income shortage is worse than in any time in the last 30 years. For any saver, being prepared and understanding what actions to take-to not only secure future income-but safeguard your savings from market volatility are incredibly important.
You have spent years, if not decades accumulating your wealth to try and provide a comfortable retirement. However, with any best prepared plans, there are always challenges that try and knock you off course. A “perfect storm” has emerged comprised of low interest rates, volatile stock markets and unprecedented longevity. More than ever, you are dependent upon your investments to generate retirement income. With fewer companies providing traditional pension plans, retirees are being forced to become an investment manager and assume the investment risk associated with your retirement assets.
An investment strategy with the objective of providing inflation-adjusted income for life. Our analysis can offer you a unique report that will answer the following questions:
- Do I have enough assets to last as long as I do?
- Are they in the right place?
- Which assets do I use first?
- When should I claim Social Security
In addition, we will help you navigate through retirement by developing a plan that addresses:
- Asset Allocation
We will also develop a distribution strategy with these objectives in mind:
- Increase income to help maintain purchasing power throughout retirement
- Decrease risk
- Save Taxes
- Preserve Principal
- Minimize the impact of emotions
Live Oak Wealth Management has spent the last 15 years with a front row seat to see the firsthand challenges facing today’s investors. Here is what we know:
- Active Baby Boomer retirees want to know with certainty that they will never outlive their money during retirement
- Retirement Income Planning is even more difficult in an era of low interest rates. The ability to convert savings into retirement income is even more critical in today's economic environment.
- Getting the most from Social Security is critical to get every dime you can from your benefit to help supplement your retirement income.
- Uncertainty over the future of Social Security, increased budget deficit of the United States as well as political uncertainty and terrorism has created anxiety for pre-retirees and retirees
- Low rate of returns, insufficient current income and drawing income during normal market corrections could put investment principal at risk
Whether you’re planning to retire or if you’re already retired, you always need to make smart financial decisions. As a result of what we have learned, Live Oak Wealth Management is making the education process easier by providing you with a FREE Retirement Readiness Kit to show you How to Maximize your Retirement Readiness and if you are already retired, we will show you How to Get The Most from your retirement savings. This short 6 minute and 30 second video can help you avoid the 10 biggest issues that are keeping retirees up at night.